ROASTED VEG BOWL
This bowl is a winner, all year round, and will please almost anyone who loves roasted vegetables. Who doesn't especially when they are mixed together with some leafy greens and Quinoa. YUM!
This recipe can be altered any which way you like, choosing your preferred vegetables, and grain even. However, this is how we like it best, paired well with a lemony tahini dressing.
Think of a cold winters night, especially in Melbourne, it actually doesn't even have to be winter, really, it's always cold, haha. Throw some roasted moroccan chickpeas ontop, and you've got a wicked protein bowl in front of you.
What you're going to need:
2C cooked quinoa
1C cooked chickpeas
1 head cauliflower
1 half sweet potato
1 half pumpkin
1 cup cherry tomato
1 red pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
(Or any other vegetables you like)
2Tbsp lemon juice
1Tbsp organic maple
1tsp garlic powder
(Preheat the oven to 200degrees celsius)
1. Cooking the quinoa, is like rice, use double the amount of water as quinoa, and cook for 15 minutes, until quinoa has absorbed all water.
2. Wash all your veggies, and cut them to desired size (small is good)
3. In a bowl, coat your veggies, with the olive oil, salt and cinnamon (or any herbs you want to use)
4. Bake in the oven, until browned and crispy, this roughly takes 20 minutes or so, especially if your pieces are small.
5. Mix through the cooked quinoa with the veg and remaining ingredients
(This will roughly serve about 5 people hungry people)
Add all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine